In the time between the sessions of the General Assembly the Executive Board will be the Network’s highest authority. The Executive Board is composed by 22 members, 11 for each country. The Executive Board implements the strategic guidelines approved by the General Assembly. In particular, it shall be within the competence of the Executive Board to:
- Formulate and adopt internal regulations of the Network.
- Formulate and propose the budget of the Network.
- Appoint a Chairperson and a Vice Chairperson among its members who shall not be of the same nationality and shall be chosen on a rotating basis among the Swedish and the Italian members of the Executive Board.
- Indicate the priority areas for the Network.
- Decide upon the location of the Network Secretariat.
- Prepare annually a final report on the activities carried out in the framework of the Network.
- Appoint the staff of the Secretariat upon proposal of the Chairperson. The Chairperson has the casting vote in the Executive Board.
The Chairman of the Board
The Chairperson of the SERN Executive Board is the legal representative of the organisation, it has the responsibility to lead the General Assembly, when in Session, and to oversee the activities of the Secretariat of the Network.
It is elected for a two-year mandate. In the past, the role of Chair of the Board has been covered by the following persons:
- Kent Ögren, councillor of the Region Norbotten, from January 2005 until April 2009
- Roberta Mori, councillor of the Emilia Romagna Regional Assembly and representative of the Province of Reggio Emilia and AICCRE Emilia-Romagna, from April 2009 to April 2013.
- Eva Andersson, Mayor of Norrköping and councillor of the Region Östergötaland, from April 2013 to May 2017
Currently the chair of the SERN executive Board is Lubiano Montaguti, vice mayor of the Municipality of Forlì, who has been appointed in May 2017.
The Vice Chairperson is Patrik Karlsson, member of the Västra Götaland Regional council.
The chair and vice-chair compose the Presidium, which meets in case of urgent decisions need to be taken between the Board meetings.
Members of the Board 2017/2019
- Patrik Karlsson – Västra Götaland Region (Vice Chair of the board)
- Paul Åkerlund – Trollhättan Municipality
- Elias Georges – Motala Municipality
- Glen Berggård – Region Norbotten
- Kent Ögren – Region Norbotten
- Conny Johansson – Municipality of Falköping
- Marie Dahlin – Vänersborg Municipality
- Ann-Kristine Sämfors – Piteå Municipality
- Jakob Björneke – Linköping Municipality
- Carina Samuel – Luleå Municipality
- Julie Tran – Region Östergötaland
- Lubiano Montaguti – (Chair of the board)
- Norberto Vignali – Unione Pedomantana Parmense
- Marco Monesi – AICCRE Emilia Romagna
- Paolo Bianchi – Provincia di Parma
- Paola Guerzoni – Unione Terre d’Argine
- Mirko Capuano – Bertinoro Municipality
- Marcello Mendogni – ASP Ad Personam
- Edmund Lanziner – Comunità Comprensoriale Oltradige Basso Atesina
- Ouidad Bakkali – Ravenna Municipality
- Annalia Guglielmi – Imola Municipality
- Silvia Taglini – Casalgrande Municipality