2021 / 2023
Promoting gender equality for a more inclusive society.
The project stems from the desire of creating a network of cities that can help strengthen citizens’ sense of belonging to the EU by promoting the common democratic culture based on equality, universal rights and gender inclusion.
Specifically the project focuses on increasing women’s participation in the society and reduce gender discrimination promoting concrete actions carried out locally, in the public administration. Gender equality is the essential condition for achieving an inclusive community which responds to the needs of all citizens, regardless of their gender. In the countries and Municipalities to which the partners belong, there is a shared need of leading all decision makers’ to make meaningful commitments to change women’s lives for the better.
There is a need of raising awareness among citizens, women, associations and young generations on necessary steps to build a more democratic and inclusive European society and a need for long-term strategies, based on European best practices and experiences, to increase women’s participation and reduce gender inequalities in society.
The general objective of the project is to contribute to the promotion of gender equality and social inclusion of women in the European society.
The specific objectives are:
1. Raising awareness among decision makers, civil servants and citizens on existing gender inequalities and on how to accelerate the process towards gender equality
2. Exchanging good practices on promoting a gender responsive governance
3. promoting a gender inclusive language against gender stereotypes
The target groups of the project are: decision makers,civil servants,stakeholders, women and public at large.
The workplan foresees a set of activities that will involve 335 direct participants in 7 countries (Sweden, Italy, Germany, Poland, Portugal, France, Czech Rep.).
In particular the partners will arrange:
• 1 Kick off meeting (planning the project activities),
• 2 Seminars,
• 1 coordination meeting in order to analyse the results of the Seminars, define the handbook and guidelines
• 4 Local events with stakeholders and target groups (SE, PT, PO, CZ) presentation of project results to citizens and local stakeholders
• 1 final conference to disseminate the final results
The first important effect produced by the project will be the increase citizens' awareness on the existence of different forms of discrimination and the emphasis on the need of combating gender inequality with concrete actions. Awareness and knowledge on gender discrimination are in fact the first steps that lead citizens and the ones that represente them, in order to change and improve the society.
The final outcomes will include:
1. developed critical thinking among citizens on gender inequalities
2. Increased knowledge of national and european policies and programmes for reducing gender gap
3. promoted inclusion of women, and most vulnerable categories as immigrant women, in society
3. Best practices on the project theme exchanged
4. A handbook with concrete actions to be adopted in the different countries for a more gender responsive governance and for increasing the participation of women's in decision making positions
4. Guidelines with reccomendation for a proper gender inclusive language that does not perpetuate gender stereotypes to be used by policy makers, representatives of political parties, civil servants and media
Project Under Implementation
This members area is out of this site.