2018 / 2020
The partnership is composed of a Consortium of 6 organisations working on the elderly care field; it includes both local public authorities and Welfare agencies, coordinated by the transnational network SERN. The shared needs that led the organisations to think about this mobility project, that could improve staff competences on the professional figure of the occupational therapist, can be identified in three critical elements:
1. the staff dealing with frail elderly people lack of specific skills related to the fundamental concepts on which the work of the occupational therapist is based;
2. the personnel involved in training need to acquire the ability to read and transfer practices and information to the families of frail elderly, by transferring skills regarding the basic concepts of occupational therapy;
3. the staff must increase and consolidate the European dimension of the organization activities improving their professional linguistic competences in orde to access to a wider quantity of resources and training materials.
A mobility project aimed at offering training opportunities in Sweden for Italian social workers interested in strengthening the professional profile as occupational therapist.
The consortium identified as main objectives of this project the following areas of improvement:
1. to enhance the instrumental, interpersonal and systematic knowledge of the personnel of the organizations;
2. to develop the skills that informal caregivers will have to acquire thanks to the trainers of the partnering organizations.
3. to add or increase the European dimension in the different organizations.
Project Under Implementation