We are recruiting a Project Officer. The successful candidate for this position will work under the supervision of Director of the Secretariat and he/she will be based at the SERN Secretariat office in Parma.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Management of EU projects in which SERN is involved as partner or project coordinator;
- Support to members in project planning;
- EU Project Formulation;
- Assistance to existing and new Project Groups;
- Support to delegates of the members in the preparation of the annual General Assembly and Executive Board meetings.
Professional Skills and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years experience in (EU)project management AND project formulation;
- Previous work in an international environment – experiences with local/regional authorities are an advantage;
- Experience in peer-reviews and capacity buildings events is a plus;
- Good knowledge of European policies and programmes (in particular, but not only Erasmus+);
- University education preferably with a specialisation in EU affairs/International Relations;
- Fluent written and spoken English and Italian, knowledge of Swedish is an asset;
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Internet, web-based applications and social media;
- Able to work independently as well as in team;
- Good organisational skills;
- Flexible and service minded, able to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- A team player, accountable and able to work autonomously;
- A problem-solver, enthusiastic and positive;
- Good organisational skills and capacity to identify key issues, work under time pressure and think strategically;
- Experience in running peer-reviews or study visits and capacity-building events is an asset.
SERN offers a unique transnational and dynamic work environment and provide great opportunities to learn and be in charge of a wide range of activities.
The position is full time. He/she would ideally start in the May/June 2019.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com no later than Friday April 4th 2019. Only selected candidates will be contacted for the interview and will be asked to provide two references. Interviews will be held in Parma on April 15th.
Should you need additional infomration about the position please contact Nicola Catellani firstname.lastname@example.org
Download here the vacancy announcement.