I.I.P.L.E, Istituto Professionale Edile di Bologna
About the Member
The Institute for Vocational Training of Construction Workers in the province of Bologna (I.I.P.L.E.) was established in 1947 and for more than 70 years it has provided training for all professional profiles in the construction industry, in order to update, qualify and refine employees in the construction sector, as well as professionals and young people who wish to join this sector.
It is an Institute for Training provided by the Collective Labour Agreement in the construction industry and is managed by a board of directors made up equally from The Association of Businesses and The Workers Trade Union. In addition, I.I.P.L.E. is accredited by the region of Emilia-Romagna in the areas of Compulsory Education, Higher Education, Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning, Special User Groups, and Apprenticeships.
I.I.P.L.E. aims to achieve the following objectives:
- promote professional development and update of the workers, technicians, employers in Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) Industry;
- provide the tools to outline a professionalism for workers in response to the quality and specialization of the labour force for the purpose of increased competitiveness within companies;
- be a qualified point of reference for the educational needs of professionals and construction companies, provide training to Associations of Engineers and Architects, Owners, Tenants and Building Administrators;
- spread the culture of BIM and digitalization in the construction sector through the creation and continuous development of BIM Academy Bologna
- approach and attract young graduated technicians to the BIM process and, after the training period in IIPLE, facilitate their employment in the building companies, in order to bring digital innovation and influence on the everyday activities of the enterprises;
- operate with a broader European scale by initiating specific collaborations with other countries, in regards to issues related the construction industry, energy efficiency, sustainability, safety and environment (several EU projects presented and implemented);
- provide services to meet the training needs of public institutions related to the construction industry;
- approach and attract young people to the construction sector through orientation activities, courses for professional qualification and higher education (financed by the Emilia Romagna Region).
IIPLE, since 2014, is the promoter of BIM Academy which manages vocational training courses for Digital workflow for the new and existing buildings advanced design, Autodesk Revit training, digital 3D design and production by 3D printing systems. Moreover, for the NZEB Academy, IIPLE has been organizing courses to acquire managerial skills to support innovation and the importance of sustainable energy in buildings.
Training at I.I.L.P.E. expands into the following areas: Construction techniques, The environment and energy, Energy efficiency, Machinery and equipment, Safety at work, Urban and land planning, Management and quality, ITC.