The General Assembly is the highest authority of the network and it has the power to take decision concerning all the activities of the network. The Assembly, held once a year either in Sweden or Italy, is chaired by the chair of the Executive Board.
general assembly - session 2022
NEXT general assembly - session 2023
May 2023 – Cervia
Wednesday 11 May 2022
9.15-11.30: Seminar: “Sustainable mobility through public service in low demand areas”
The main question addressed by the seminar will be how to identify new solution to facilitate mobility to/from many small villages in rural and mountain areas. They are far from larger urban big centres and it is difficult to manage a public transportation service, as they are low demand areas and a regular public transport service can be difficult to sustain in the long run from an economical point of view. What kind of alternatives can be promoted and implemented in order to provide an alternative mean of transport to people who cannot use individual cars such as students and old people?
- Andrea Ruffini, Manager – Province of Parma (presentation)
- Jakob Klasander, Senior Adviser – Östgötatrafiken AB (presentation)
- Ronny Svensson, Development Officer – Orust Municipality (presentation)
- Marco Taccagni, Councillor – Province of Parma
10.30 – 12.45: Seminar on youth participation and local democracy
The Covid-19 pandemic affected negatively young people and their participation within the society. The dialogue with public authorities, education institutions and youth associations is vital to re-establish a positive outlook for European young people and to improve their civic involvement, their participation in the democratic life and their engagement in the political and social framework. Reinforce democratic awareness and develop participation are two major aims for European societies to help young people to become active and engaged citizens and realise a sustainable democracy. The seminar focuses on possible actions to be taken in a post-pandemic framework to reach a complete and inclusive participation of young people in the society and to promote opportunities to let them become actors of change. This topic is strictly linked to the aims of the European Commission when proposed 2022 as Year of Youth.
- Introduction to the topic: the political approach to the youth policy in Ale Municipality – Mikael Berglund Mayor – Ale Municipality and Monica Samuelsson – Ale Municipality
- Ale Youth Council: the cooperation and dialogue with local public authorities
- Bridging the political level with younger people: some experiences from Linköping Municipality for the European Year of Youth – Lovisa Mercurio and David Burman, Youth Ambassadors – Linköping Municipality
- Examples of participate approach to youth actions: community radio, CinemaSuono project and creative art experiences – Cervia Municipality
- How young people are involved in drawing up a local development strategy, Sinikka Koivumaki – Liiveri (FI)
11.30-12.30: Presentation of the SERN Training Activities 2022 with focus on how to use the SERN Members’ Area
The SERN Strategy 21-27 has identified capacity building in the network as one of the key elements upon which constructing and developing further cooperation among the members. The SERN Secretariat has therefore developed a set of training activities reflecting and building on the needs identified and expressed by and among the members over the years in relation to different aspects of the project-based activities. The proposed courses will address project design and planning, project management and activities that will enhance the capacity of the member to become active actors in the context of SERN and therefore enhance the capacity to take advantage of the membership of your organisation.
It will be also provided an overview on the SERN Members’ Area on Microsoft Teams, the online main tool through which information is shared and circulated within the Network.
11.30-12.30: Presentation of results of ongoing and recently completed projects
DEEDS – Modelling a European cross-curricular study programme for upper secondary schools (2020-2023)
The project aims to promote a new model of collaboration between upper secondary schools based on study abroad activities for both short and long-term mobility periods for students.
- Gunilla Linder, Principal – Folkungaskolan Linköping
- Nicola Catellani – Network Coordinator – SERN
NARRATE – Building a narrative approach fostering collaboration between preschools and libraries
The project aims to foster quality in preschool developing the narrative approach and improving the collaboration between preschools and libraries.
- Daniele Chitti, Director of Education Services – Imola Municipality
- Laura avanzi, Project Officer – SERN Secretariat
13.45-16.45: Study Visit – Passalen
Passalen is a non- profit association working to develop new solutions to create inclusion for children and young people with disabilities. The association is established in Gothenburg, Mölndal, Kungsbacka, North Stockholm and Haninge. The aim of Passalen is to carry out activities that are accessible and self-chosen in the company of others fostering participation as well as activities that generates self-confidence and self- esteem. For example, Passalen carries out activities such as a sailing camp in the beginning of the summer and numerous opportunities to meet during the easter holidays.
14.00 – 15.30: Showcasing sustainable tourism strategies in Sweden
- Fredrik Lindén (CEO) and Marie Linde, Västsvenska turistrådet, “Stepping up sustainability tourism” (presentation)
- Anki Sande (CEO) Gunnebo slott (presentation)
16.45 – 18.15: SERN EXECUTIVE BOARD
Previous sessionS of the General Assemblies
GENERAL ASSEMBLY 2021
9.30 Call to order, opening of the Session and approval of the order of business
Opening Speech of Mr Lubiano Montaguti, Chair of the SERN Executive Board, Municipality of Meldola;
Speech of Ms Helenè Fritzon, Member of the European Parliament
Speech of Mr Gaudenzio Garavini, Director of the Association Polytechnic School ITS Emilia-Romagna
10.45-11.00 Virtual Coffee Break
Closing remarks, Mr Gert-Inge Andersson, Vice Chairman of the SERN Executive Board, Municipality of Trollhättan
12.00 Adjournment and Closing of the Session
12.05 SERN Executive Board Meeting