2020 / 2022
Reaffirming the civic participation of young people for a sustainable democracy (SAYouth project)
The project SAYouth is a 24 months project involving 7 European countries (Sweden, Italy, Poland, Finland, Bulgaria, Germany, Greece) with a mixed partnership composed of 9 organisations of different nature: 5 public authorities, 3 NGOs and one transnational network.
The general objective of the project is to secure the participation of young people in municipal decision-making processes and to promote their influence on issues of importance for the whole society including the promotion of sustainable democracy and the civic involvement of young migrant people as a tool for integration.
Specific objectives of the project SAYouth are:
It is possible to identify as expected results:
- an increased knowledge about European models on which the relation between young people and public authorities is set
- an exchange of best practices on the tools used to improve the participation of young people in the civic society and in the volunteering
- an increased participation of citizens and sense of common belonging to the EU
- a strong networking among partners and stakeholders
- the creation of a shared European digital tool to set the guidelines.
Project Under Implementation